According to a new survey the Taj Mahal, India'siconic ivory-white marble mausoleum in Agra, is the second best UNESCO worldheritage place in the world .
We know that Taj Mahal is one of the seven wonders of the world , who made itand for whom? We know that this is the pride of our nation , India, we know alot about it. But we did not know much about it.
Check out some of them:
1. There is a small hole on the soffit of the main hall perpendicularly above the tombstone of Mumtaz Mahal
According to the stories,it is the work of a craftsman who broke the dream of making a masterpiece afterknowing about the decision of the disintegration of all craftsmen of ShahJahan. So the Taj is not impeccable becausewe think that it is.
2. The ASI had to hide the crown during WW-II, with a huge loft to mislead the bombers
One of the most famous man-made creations, Taj was covered with a huge scaffoldin the 20th century so that it could look like a bamboo store for bombardment
3. Ever wonder what was the first reaction of Shah Jahan's by seeing the great Taj?
4. The story of weapons of all artisans is probably myth because the architect had worked on other projects.
The architect who leadsthe team of architects for the construction of the Taj Mahal, is also the foundationof the Red Fort. Ustad Ahmad Lahauri was possibly the leader of the architect'steam. Seeing that Shah Jahan has appointed him to work on a project after theTaj, that he is clearly using both his weapons.
5.To protect the Taj Mahal from the disasters like earthquakes, the minarets had to bow out.
6. A temple was built for the conman Natwarlal, who sold the Taj Mahal repeatedly.
7. If the Yamuna was not there, then the foundation of the Taj Mahal would end there many years ago.
8.The interior of the Taj blinded a ghost with its Grand Inline work.
28 types of rare, semi precious and precious stoneswere used for the inlaying work in Taj Mahal. They reached many places in SriLanka, Tibet, China and many other places in India.
9. Taj Mahal is much longer than Qutub Minar
The Taj Mahal is about five feet long by Qutub Minar, compared with other monuments of the world one can be found below.
10. How expensive was it to build a Taj for Shah Jahan ?
Shah Jahan spent about 32 million rupees during the years 1632-1653 on this great architectural venture. Today that amount would be close to 1,062,834,098USD.
11. Thousands of visitors get to see the Taj every day.
One of the seven wonders of the world, the Taj sees many visitors everyday.
12. Shah Jahan wanted to build another Taj Mahal , a black Taj Mahal .
13. George Harrison clicked a selfie at the Taj .
One of the first selfies taken at Taj were by George Harrison. He used the fish-eye lens.
14. The Taj changes colors depending on the light.
The Taj is pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden when the moon shines.
15. The makers employed an optical trick so that as you move closer to the gate, the Taj keeps getting smaller
It seems to grow bigger as you walkaway. The guides here say when you leave,you take the Taj with you in your heart.